The Anna Sui Fall/Winter 2018 collection titled Beloved was created to evoke the feeling and joy about getting dressed up, and included embroidery, beading, knits, custom jewels and sunglasses. Garren, Celebrity Hairstylist and R+Co Co-Founder commented, “Anna has taken bits and pieces from almost every collection and juxtaposed them together, so it’s her favorite things that she loves…that’s Anna – she’s the inspiration herself and her own muse this time which is pretty cool.”
Garren used R+Co products to create the hair look for the show which was inspired by the Mudd Club era and featured lots of textured styles that were pushed to the side. “We’re taking the hair and bringing it into an 80’s world where it has lots of texture at the scalp and on the top. And then once we’ve built the texture, we gave some girls bangs by bring the fringe across the forehead.”
Get the Look:
1. Start by adding JACKPOT Styling Crème ($26) to the roots to create texture and thickness into the hair.
2. Apply MANNEQUIN Styling Paste ($28) through 6 inches of the hair and a little bit on the ends.
3. Add a little SAIL Soft Wave Spray ($29) into the hair to get undone texture that still feels touchable.
4. Take a bit of the fringe and bring some across the forehead to create the looks of bangs, to add to the texture.
5. Next, bring all of the hair over to one side. To anchor, use dart pins or bobby pins at the back of the head so the hair falls to one side.